Hello, everyone! I wanted to share an updated tutorial for using the record tool. Whether you’re rapping, singing, or telling a story, the record tool is the one of the best ways to get those sounds into your profile so you can share them easily with friends. Here is how:
1. Make sure you are logged in.
2. Go to your home page. Look next to your user photo for a menu option that says Record.
Clicking this will take you to the uploading and recording page. You can also access that page easily at any time by clicking the little microphone that appears just below the navigation bar on most pages. It looks like this:
3. Look towards the bottom of the page for the actual tool, and click it:
4. A window will pop up for you to allow Flash to access your microphone. You should select Allow.
5. Once you’ve done that, the record window will pop open. Just click the red button and start recording your sound!
6. When you’ve finished recording, just press stop, and the window will change a little. From here, you can listen to your recording, re-record, adjust your settings or save it. If you like your sound, just hit ‘Save This Recording,’ and you will be taken to the normal upload page, where you can name your sound, tag it and select license and privacy levels.
That’s it! As lots of Splicers already know, recording is a lot of fun. I can’t wait to hear what you’ve got to say!